The most common problem with a Heating System is the lack of maintenance. Dirty coils result in high electric bills and overheating motors cause capacitors to break down. Heat Pump Systems with low refrigerant level and/or auxiliary heat not working lead to extended running time. Clean coils and sufficient refrigerant help to save energy and money. In Gas Furnaces, dirty burner assemblies cause the heat not to work and gas not to burn properly producing carbon monoxide and excessive gas consumption if the gas pressure is not set properly. If your system has not been cleaned or serviced in the past three years we strongly recommend having it done.
Verify the following when the Heating System is not working:
- – Circuit Breakers of HVAC system are not tripped
- – Thermostat set properly on “HEAT”
- – Propane gas tank has enough gas and valve open
- – Natural gas meter is not locked
- – Filters are clean
- – GFI outlet for condensate pump is not tripped (pump located in basements or crawl spaces)
After the basic troubleshooting steps, if your Heat System is still not working, please check for the following:
- – System running continuously but not heating
- – Blowing cold air
- – Outdoor unit not working (Heat Pump or Gas Pack)
- – Unit icing up (heat pump)
The first thing to do: TURN OFF system from the thermostat,then Call us at (252) 366-3524 to schedule an appointment.
CLIMA is the only company in the area that offers a personalized diagnostic of your system, where in a simple way we will explain the failure and the solutions to the problem. By experience we know that a well informed customer takes better decisions and is more satisfied.